Universities of Asia strengthen their partnership at ASU

23 June 2016 Public Relations Department
The 2nd general meeting of Asian Universities Association has proceeded to business. 8 countries participate in the event: Russia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Thailand.

The first day of the meeting started with the expert session, where the participants discussed the problems of academic mobility, development and implementation of joint educational programs, modernization of Asian countries’ national educational systems.

Vice rector for international affairs development Roman I. Raikin thanked the colleagues for coming to the meeting. He also noted that member universities are to discuss strategic directions of Association development, specify the measures that should be taken for further development and consolidation of the Association in Asian educational space.

Saitama University of Japan acts as a guest at the meeting. This is one of the most active partners of Altai State University.

“Saitama University takes an active part in resolving the problems of higher education globalization. This point in also considered by universities of Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan that are the members of Asian Universities Association. This is the reason why it is interesting for me to participate in such a forum. My aim is to determine the ways and variants of collaboration with the universities that have arrived to ASU, to strengthen connections with them and find new parner-universities,” explained Professor Susumo Nonaka, head of the Department for International Relations Development of Saitama University. “The chemists and astrophysicists of our universities have been cooperating for a long time and I hope that we will also establish relationships between our humanities scholars in foreseeable future, as I am interested in Russian literature myself and I would like to focus on this area of collaboration.”

There were also the establishment of Youth Council and organization of Asian Student Forum in 2017 on the agenda.
Representative of Chinese delegation, rector of Heilongjian Institute of Foreign Languages Liu Ying noted that the participation in in the meeting gives an opportunity to establish closer relationship with universities of Russia and Asian countries.

“We are ready to work with solid partners, such as Altai State University. We have more than 50 our students studying here. Today after talking to ASU Rector and learning about new dormitory, I can say that the number of young people going to study at Altai State University will increase. We will also send our lecturers to undertake internship here.” said Ms. Liu Ying. “I am also interested in youth problems and Russian universities’ experience in dealing with them. At the meeting with ASU Rector we were discussing this topic and decided to create a joint Russian-Chinese scientific center for youth problems research.”

On Friday, 24 June, at 9 a.m. the ceremonial opening of the 2nd general meeting of Asian Universities Association will take place. It will then proceed to the plenary session and report by Association president, ASU rector Sergey V. Zemlyukov concerning the work and development of Association.

Printable version